Make Positive Impact on the Nation, Group National President charges members and Nigerians to mark 63rd Independence.
The National President of National Interest Network, Da-Silva .O. Johnson has charged the members of the group on the need to ensure National Impact as the group joins millions of Nigeria to mark 63rd National Independence on the 1st of October, 2023.
The National President of the group known as Civil Society Organization and NonGovernmental released a statement he signed and circulated by the group Media and Publicity Director, Honourable Ijeh Emmanuel contained 12 points on how to make national impact.
“Making an impact on your nation can be a fulfilling and meaningful endeavor. The starting point is yourself, your family, and your direct community before it gets wider and wider. This address is a way of celebrating the 63rd Nigerian Independence; talking to Nigerians beginning from members of our great body, NATIONAL INTEREST NETWORK. Here are several ways you can contribute to making a positive impact on your country and Nigeria”, he said in the letter.
Content Details Below!
“Making a National Impact; being an address of National President, National Interest Network, Da Silva .O. Johnson to mark the 63rd Nigerian Independence on the 1st October, 2023.
Dear Members of National Interest Network and other like-minded Nigerians on promoting a better Nation, I wish everyone happy celebrations as we mark this year National Independence Day. Our theme this year is:
‘Making a National Impact‘.
Making an impact on your nation can be a fulfilling and meaningful endeavor. The starting point is yourself, your family, and your direct community before it gets wider and wider. This address is a way of celebrating the 63rd Nigerian Independence; talking to Nigerians beginning from members of our great body, NATIONAL INTEREST NETWORK. Here are several ways you can contribute to making a positive impact on your country and Nigeria:
1. Civic Engagement:
Get involved in your community by participating in local politics, attending town hall meetings, and voicing your opinions on important issues. Consider running for public office or supporting candidates who align with your values. Do not be discouraged by the obvious attitude of some of our politicians making it look real that votes don’t count in Nigeria. Continue to participate in politics and cast votes during election, your vote might not count but the world would further see the ‘dubiousity’ of the political vampires.
2. Volunteerism: Contribute your time and skills to nonprofit organizations and community initiatives. Volunteer at local schools, shelters, hospitals, or environmental groups. By helping others, you can make a tangible difference in your community also the NGO, CSO, Associations etc.
3. Advocate for Change:
Identify social, economic, or environmental issues that require attention in the nation. Raise awareness about these issues through social media, public speaking, or organizing events. Lobby your elected representatives to take action and support policies that address these concerns. It would be to your credit indeed.
4. Education and Mentorship:
Become an advocate for education and mentorship programs aimed at empowering individuals in your nation. Volunteer as a tutor or mentor for students, help adults acquire essential skills, or support initiatives that promote lifelong learning.
5. Sustainable Practices: Encourage sustainable living and environmental conservation. Promote recycling, energy conservation, and responsible resource management. Support initiatives that focus on renewable energy, conservation of natural habitats, and reducing pollution.
6. Economic Development:
Contribute to your nation’s economic growth by supporting local businesses and entrepreneurs. Start your own business or invest in startups that have the potential to create jobs and stimulate the economy.
7. Social Justice:
Work towards creating a more inclusive and equitable society. Advocate for equal rights and opportunities for all individuals, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background. Support organizations that fight against discrimination, promote human rights, fairness and social justice.
Donate to charitable organizations that address pressing social issues in your nation. Find causes that resonate with you and support them financially or through fundraising efforts.
9. Engage in Research and Innovation: Contribute to scientific research, technological advancements, or innovation in your field. Collaborate with universities, research institutions, or industry partners to develop solutions to national challenges such as Fuel subsidy removal effect cushioning, inflation, naira to dollar rate etc if you are in position to do something or advise those with the responsibility or simply affects lives around you to survive the challenges.
10. Encourage Active Citizenship: Inspire others to get involved and make a difference. Lead by example and encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to join you in your efforts to positively impact your nation.
11. Stay and live in the country and lead others in obeying simple traffic rules, peaceful coexistence, support, etc. If you are outside the country, Impact other citizens where you are and keep connecting home for impact.
12. Condemn and refuse to join the bad wagon such as terrorism, banditry, kidnapping, robbery, prostitution, drug peddling, swindlers like yahoo-yahoo, etc.
Remember that making an impact on your nation is a long-term commitment. It requires dedication, perseverance, and collaboration with like-minded individuals and organizations. By combining your passion, skills, and resources, you can contribute to positive change and leave a lasting impact on your country.
Dear Members of National Interest Network, these are the values we stand for which is promoting a better nation. Kindly imbibe the values shared here and share to other platforms you belong for an effective propagation of these values. We must continue to work towards a better nation. Let us not be dissuaded by any ugly happenings around the country but be persuaded by the hunger, starvation, inflation, insecurity, poor educational services etc and make a change in the little way we can. Thank you very much for standing on the positive side in our dear country and as we continue to advise government, let us keep praying for the President and other government officials and everyone in leadership position in Nigeria a cross board. I wish all and Nigerians a happy 63rd Independence!
Signed : H.E Da-Silva .O. Johnson
National Interest Network, Nigeria.”