Just In: NAPPS Changes Leadership, instruct members to stop payment of any money to any National account
National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools, NAPPS has changed leadership today 22nd November, 2023 following the expiration of the National President’s administration of Chief Yomi Otubela.
TEC News gathered that the former President failed to have adequate plan for proper handover and to avoid the Association going into administrative upheaval, the BOT has to take over the administration from the president whose tenure expires today, 22nd November, 2023.
This was contained in a press statement released by the Board of Trustees, BOT of the Association headed by the Chairman, Dr Sai’d Mijinyawa in Abuja on Wednesday in a press conference where journalists were abreast of the development.
“Following the expiration of Chief Yomi Otubela led Administration, today 22nd November, 2023, without adequate and proper plan for handover, In order for the Board Of Trustees of NAPPS Nigeria to save the Association from untold administrative upheavals, the doctrine of necessity is hereby invoked and the following action plans rolled out to midwife a new administration to manage the affairs of the Association and conduct credible elections within 120 days or 4 months”.
The press statement also contained an instruction that all members should seize from paying any money whatsoever until a new directive is given by the BOT.
“The Registered Board of Trustees NAPPS NIGERIA is by this press conference mandate all members of NAPPS NATION WIDE that:
1. All LGAs, States and Zones are hereby instructed not to pay any money to any National account of NAPPS from today. You will be notified of the account you will use within few days either for exams, annual dues, debate, quiz etc.
2. All activities and business engaged-in by the Chief Yomi Otubela-led administration are hereby put on hold. No NAPPS member should engage in any activity not approved by the BOT hence forth.
3. NAPPS UNIFIED EXAMS is hereby put on hold forthwith. You will be notified on the next line of action with respect to any exams that may be organized by NAPPS NIGERIA.
4. You will be informed of any activity or business of NAPPS you can engage in very soon.
5. For the LOAN from FCMB, we direct that members should stay further transactions on this pending the time the BOT will furnished with the Memorandum of understanding signed on behalf of the association by the Chief Yomi Otubela led administration. It is painful to inform you that we do not know anything about FCMB and the loan you are accessing from them”.
The press statement was signed by the Chairman, Dr Mijinyawa and other nine BOT members.
NAPPS Nigeria is reputed to be one of the largest employer of labour in Nigeria.