Security: Kidnappers Occupies Kuje Forest in FCT, Abducts Woman and her 2 Daughters

0 51

Kidnappers Occupies Kuje Forest in FCT, Abducts Woman and her 2 Daughters

A forest in Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has reportedly become a den of Kidnappers where a Woman and two Daughters were adopted on Friday and taken to the Kuje Forest.
Going by the story reported, Mistura Olasinde, a resident of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), and her two daughters Hauwa, and Fatima, were attacked in the Nation’s Capital on Friday. According to the report, victim’s husband, Surajudeen Olasinde said the incident happened around Galadima District, Abuja. 

TEC News, by the report gathered that Mr Olasinde, a staff member of the Nigerian Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRA), said his wife and children were driving home in their Toyota Highlander from Garki to Starwood Estate where they reside.

“Their abduction happened around 7 pm last Friday on their way from Garki. Immediately they reached Kabusa Garden Estate at the spot where the road was terribly bad, the kidnappers came out from the nearby bush and attacked them.”

“They started shooting to scare people away before they marched them into the bush,” he said.

He said residents quickly called the Divisional Police Station at Galadimawa immediately the news got to them and the DPO, Jerry Cole, led a team of his officers to comb the bushes in collaboration with men of the vigilante.

He said the search effort was, however, unsuccessful.

Mr Olasinde, an indigene of Offa in Kwara State, said he was away in the state when the incident happened.

“I was not in Abuja when it happened because I have been transferred to Kwara State. But I was told that the police and the vigilantes searched the bush all through 3 am on Saturday without success.

“We also contacted officers of the Department of State Services (DSS). They tracked the kidnappers’ movement and the search got to a forest in Kuje,” he said.

Mr Olasinde, who arrived in Abuja on Saturday, said their captors called his brother-in-law to demand a N100 million ransom.

“They asked for N100 million. Later, they brought it down to N50 million, then to N10 million.

“But at the end of the day, they asked us how much we had with us. The kidnappers even told us that if they killed my wife and my two daughters, they could sell their body parts above whatever amount we claimed to have.

“We resorted to begging, pleading with them not to harm or kill my family,” he said sadly.

According to him, when we told them that we didn’t have much money, they asked us about the Toyota Highlander and we told them that it was part of what we sold out to raise the money we planned to give them.

Mr Olasinde, who said they were able to raise about N2.8 million, said the kidnappers directed them to bring the ransom Saturday night.

“They directed us to bring the money around 8 pm on Saturday. They told us to go to Kabusa Village and pick any Okada rider (commercial motorcyclist) to a place where we did not know.

“My brother-in-law and I climbed the same bike to deliver the ransom. When we got to the thick forest where they were, they came out, collected the ransom. We gave them N2 million and N840,000.

“It took about 40 minutes before my wife and daughters got to the point where we waited for them.

“So we begged the Okada rider to take my wife and daughters home, and to come back and pick us too,” he narrated.

On how his wife and daughters were faring, he said besides the injuries sustained, the psychological trauma was nothing to write home about.

He said they were taken to a hospital for medicare.

Mr Olasinde, who felt disheartened about the whole scenario, called on President Bola Tinubu and the Minister of FCT, Nyesom Wike, to come to their rescue.

Also speaking, the Chairman of Residents of Starwood Estate, Kayode Adedoyin, enumerated several kidnap cases that had taken place in the surroundings.

He called on the FCT minister to do all within his power to make their lives more secure.

When NAN called the DPO of Galadimawa, Mr Cole, on the phone about the incident, he said as reported that he had no permission to speak with the media.

He directed the reporter to talk to the FCT Police PRO, Josephine Adeh.

And when Ms Adeh was called on the phone, she said she was unaware of the abduction as said in the report.

She, however, promised to get back to NAN as soon as she was briefed about the incident but she had yet to do that at the time of filing this report.

Source; NAN.

This is another opportunity to own a faster-loading website to expand your business and take it digitally online. Meet the best website designer/master coder for any kind of website. Contact them now it is affordable Chat now: 09077260922

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.