Use Only 40% of Old cargoes, Fayose tells Tinubu

0 52

Use Only 40% of Old cargoes, Fayose tells Tinubu

TEC News.

Sunday 9th July, 2023

The former governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Peter Fayose has advised President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to engage only 40% of Old Nigerians in his administration and share the remaining 60% equally between the women and the youth.

He said this via online interview on Channel Television Platform, Sunday ‘Politics Today’ with Seun Okinbaloye on Sunday evening during an interview with the controversial Ex- Governor.

Governor Fayose who said that he is not supporting Tinubu because of any hidden agenda said he is supporting him because he believes in his person and not that he is interested in any position such as ministerial appointment but only working on becoming an ‘elder stateman’.


Fayose who said he would never be a member of APC spoke on number of issues raised by the anchor person, Seun, including his view on the 2023 presidential election and the former Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike.

“Wike is needed by Nigerians and he is very competent. He is courageous, bold and young. He is my younger brother. I senior him and he knows that but I believe in him”.

On the possibility of Tinubu inviting him to become a minister under his administration, Fayose said in his word;

” See, let me tell you this Seun, left to me, I would advise the President to work with 40% old people, 30% women and 30% youth. All this old cargoes should be 40% only. Tinubu should tell some of us to bring our children not us. Their future has been stolen. The youth should be engaged. Old cargoes should not be more than 40%.

I don’t need any position anymore. I have been a governor for 8 years and I am okay. I am not looking for any elective office now. I am working on becoming an elder ‘stateman’. I want to be able to call , any governor. I can even call Tinubu himself on any matter. If he likes , he should answer me and if not, let it be. His tenure would expire and he would leave”.

Governor Ayo Fayose also scored the present Ekiti State governor high. He said he is the best man for the job as it stands now and he is doing his best.

Peter Ayodele Fayose was born 15 November 1960. He is a Nigerian politician who served as governor of Ekiti State under PDP from 2003 to 2006, and again from 2014 to 2018. He handed over to Kayode Fayemi who served as an Executive Governor under the APC for 4 years as a second tenure and handed over to the present Governor, Abiodun Abayomi Oyebanji in 2022.

This is another opportunity to own a faster-loading website to expand your business and take it digitally online. Meet the best website designer/master coder for any kind of website. Contact them now it is affordable Chat now: 09077260922

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.